After more than twenty years in Washington, DC, managing international government affairs portfolios for trade associations and large companies, I moved home to Boston to be close to my family. I founded Allinea in January 2019 to put my professional experience with strategic communications and passion for global affairs to work for organizations engaged with international markets.
In positions at UPS, New York Life Insurance Company, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, I shaped executive communications on international policy issues, and helped build internal and external support for advocacy initiatives. I have had the honor to chair multiple Washington, DC-based trade association committees, and to serve as chair or member of various coalitions focused on international trade, investment, and U.S. global leadership.
In 1995-1996, my interest in China took me to Nanjing, where I taught English and studied Chinese. Subsequent employers gave me many opportunities to return to China and work on business and policy issues in the market. Thanks to an American Mandarin Society fellowship, I took part in a professional development program at a Communist Party-affiliated school in Shanghai, conducted entirely in Chinese, that gave me a more nuanced understanding of the Chinese policy environment.
My advisory work with companies draws on my deep experience in international trade and economic policy. Since November 2019, I have served in a volunteer capacity as president of the National Foreign Trade Council Foundation, whose mission is to inspire, promote, and facilitate international trade and investment. I am co-founder of Women in World Trade, New England (WWTNE), and a past president of the Association of Women in International Trade, a Washington, DC-based organization made up of over 700 trade professionals.
A graduate of the London School of Economics (MSc., International Relations) and Wellesley College (BA, Economics), I serve on the boards of WorldBoston and WWTNE, and enjoy rooting for Boston sports teams.
International Public Affairs Experience
- Senior Vice President, International Public Policy, UPS
- Vice President, International Governmental Affairs, New York Life Insurance Company
- Chief of Staff to the Chairman & CEO, New York Life International LLC
Trade Associations / Coalitions
- Executive Director, Alliance for Healthcare Competitiveness
- Managing Director, Asian Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, Hong Kong-U.S. Business Council
- Executive Director, U.S.-Korea Business Council
- Cleared Advisor, U.S. Government Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Services (2006–2008, 2014–2018)
Community / Professional Orgs
- President, National Foreign Trade Council Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors, WorldBoston
- Co-founder and member of the Board of Directors, Women in World Trade, New England
- 2017-2018 President, Association of Women in International Trade, Washington, DC
- American Mandarin Society Fellow; Chinese Leadership Academy of Pudong in Shanghai
- Wellesley-Yenching Fellow; Visiting faculty at Nanjing Normal University