After more than twenty years in Washington, DC, managing international government affairs portfolios for large business organizations and companies, I moved home to Boston to be close to my family. I founded Allinea in January 2019 to put my professional experience and passion for global affairs to work for organizations engaged with international markets.
In positions at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, New York Life, and UPS, I shaped executive communications on international policy issues, and helped build internal and external support for advocacy initiatives. I have had the honor to chair multiple Washington, DC-based trade association committees, and to serve as chair or member of various coalitions focused on international trade, investment, and U.S. global leadership.
In 1995-1996, my interest in China took me to Nanjing, where I taught English and studied Chinese. Subsequent employers gave me many opportunities to return to China and work on business and policy issues in the market. Thanks to an American Mandarin Society fellowship, I took part in a professional development program at a Communist Party-affiliated school in Shanghai, conducted entirely in Chinese, that gave me a more nuanced understanding of the Chinese policy environment.
As a past president of Women in International Trade (WIIT), a non-profit organization in Washington, DC, I am passionate about helping the next generation of women develop their international careers. In November 2019, I began a new volunteer role as President of the National Foreign Trade Council Foundation, whose mission is to inspire, promote, and facilitate international trade and investment. I am a graduate of the London School of Economics (MSc., International Relations) and Wellesley College (BA, Economics), serve on the boards of Bunker Hill Community College, the German-American Business Council of Boston, and WorldBoston, and enjoy rooting for Boston sports teams.
Select International Public Affairs Experience
- Senior Vice President, International Public Policy, UPS
- Vice President, International Governmental Affairs, New York Life Insurance Company
- Chief of Staff to the Chairman & CEO, New York Life International LLC
Trade Associations / Coalitions
- Executive Director, Alliance for Healthcare Competitiveness
- Managing Director, Asian Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, Hong Kong-U.S. Business Council
- Executive Director, U.S.-Korea Business Council
- Cleared Advisor, U.S. Government Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Services (2006–2008, 2014–2018)
Community / Professional Orgs
- President, National Foreign Trade Council Foundation
- Vice President and member of the Board of Directors, German-American Business Council of Boston
- Member of the Board of Directors, WorldBoston
- Co-founder and member of the Board of Directors, Women in World Trade, New England
- 2017-2018 President, Association of Women in International Trade, Washington, DC
- American Mandarin Society Fellow; Chinese Leadership Academy of Pudong in Shanghai
- Wellesley-Yenching Fellow; Visiting faculty at Nanjing Normal University